The SCIP list is an email-based forum that connects over 1000 people across Sussex enabling them to share news, ask for help and swap top tips. It has been running since 1998 and is FREE of charge.
How to join the SCIP List
- Enter your email address in the form on the right of this web page and click on the Subscribe button.
- Wait a few minutes and check your email
- Reply to the message from Yahoo
You will recieve an email from Yahoo asking you to sign up for all Yahoo's services. You can simply reply to this email to join the SCIP list. You do not need to sign up for Yahoo.
How to send a message to the SCIP list
- Join the list as above
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your first message is moderated, to prevent Spam - if you find yourself waiting longer than a day please email email@example.com to check whether it has worked properly.
Going on holiday?
If you are going on holiday and want to stop receiving SCIP list messages, try the following:
- To temporarily stop recieving messages, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- To switch it back on, email: email@example.com
Which email address should I use?
Do you want to send a message to SCIP but don't know which email address to use?
- To email the SCIP core group (the SCIP team)
- To send a message to all the members of the SCIP discussion list
Remember, you'll need to be a subscriber to the list before you can do this.
The full archive of the current SCIP mailing list
This list started at the end of December 1999
For further details Contact us
- Membership of this list is open to all and is for the use of individuals and organisations based in Sussex with an interest in their local communities. Its goal is to provide a channel for communciation which can aid community development, whilst coveringa range of technical, social and economic issues.
- Subscribers are actively encouraged to post information, suggestions, ideas and questions on topics which meet the aims of the list.
- SCIP will also use the list to disseminate information on, and encourage discussion about, its work, events and other related developments in Sussex.
- By joining the mailing list you are deemed to have agreed to abide by the list guidelines.
- Discussion is not regulated, but membership is moderated by SCIP who maintain the right to revoke subscriptions for those who transgress these guidelines.
- Issues with the moderation of the list may be taken up by sending a message to firstname.lastname@example.org